Polyurethane Ether Foam Solutions
Polyurethane ether foam (also known as polyether or ether) is an extremely versatile foam that offers a vast range of desirable characteristics and benefits. Because of its ease of use and fabrication, this lightweight, flexible foam boasts a near infinite amount of applications in a wide range of industries. Inherent qualities such as comfort, protection, support, cushioning, and resiliency makes polyether foam the ideal solution for the following:
- consumer products
- packaging material
- medical devices
- sporting goods
- military and aerospace
- and much more.
The large open-cell structure of polyether foam enhances its permeability to air, moisture, and liquids. Qualities such as superior hydrolytic stability and resistance to swelling when in contact with water, moisture, and liquid-based solutions make polyether foam suitable for a plethora of marine environments and applications. Also, its composition allows it to dry quickly, prevents it from retaining moisture, and promotes greater airflow.
As one of the leading custom polyether packaging suppliers of California, Atlas Foam Products offers a full range of different polyether foams that can be custom fabricated for your unique application and exact specification.
Features, Characteristics, and Benefits of Polyurethane Ether Foam
- Large, open cells offer enhanced water and moisture resistance
- Flexible and bendable without breaking
- Lightweight and soft material that offers great cushioning, comfort, and support
- Excellent compressibility that allows it to bounce back to its original form
- Tear and abrasion resistant
- Strong vibration dampening capabilities
- Low thermal conductivity and heat resistant
- High performance in lower temperatures
- Resists the growth of mildew, mold, and fungus
- Ease of fabrication and manufacturing
High-Quality Foam Products
In addition to designing, fabricating, and manufacturing polyether foam products to your custom specifications, Atlas Foam Products stocks a variety of different types of polyether foam with the unique characteristics to meet your application needs or industry requirements. We offer foam buns, blocks, planks, pads, and sheets in both standard and custom sizes.
Foam Density and Firmness
Our packing polyether cushion foams come in a variety of hardness* and densities, ranging from 1.2# to 1.8#. We can help you pick the right type of polyether foam to ensure optimal performance while meeting your hardness* and firmness requirements.
We also offer special high-resiliency foam that has a higher responsiveness than memory foam. This foam material comes in 2.5# density with varying firmness/hardness.
* Hardness is measured by ILD (Indentation Load Deflection), which is the load of force applied to foam to test both its hardness and firmness. The higher the ILD value, the firmer the foam. ILD is a unit of measurement and refers to the number of pounds of press or force that is needed to indent foam to a depth of 4” by 25%. This test is performed on an area of 50 square inches. The rating is known as the ILD rating or 25% ILD rating.
Foam Sizes and Dimensions
We supply polyether foam in sizes ranging from the following:
- Up to 30” thickness
- Up to 49” width
- Up to 83” length
We can accommodate larger and custom sizes by bonding additional or multiple pieces together.
We offer polyether packing cushion foam in several different colors, including:
- and blue
We also offer a variety of foams with special properties, including the following:
- Egg crate foam with convolutions up to 6” thick
Contact our team for details about the availability of our Polyether Foam.
Each order is individually quoted. Give us a call at 818-837-3626 or fill out a Quote Request Form with your project specifications for material, quantity, size, color, density, and any other requirements.
Atlas Foam will store all dies and production equipment. Dies remain the property of the customer, until called for. A purchase order or other authorization is sufficient for repeat orders.
Ready to Get Started?
Send us your project specifications and our team of experts will get you a quote as soon as possible.
Our Capabilities and Services
With over 50 years of experience, Atlas Foam Products is one of the leading custom polyether packaging suppliers and manufacturers in California. Backed by our years of repeat customers and superior customer satisfaction, we are a reliable supplier of quality packing cushion foam, cost-effective solutions, and custom-fabricated products.
We offer the following capabilities and services:
- Bond multiple or additional foam pieces for custom sizes
- Combine different types of foams, each varying in size, shape, and density
- Laminate or bond foam to secondary and customer-provided material for added functionality
- Hand fabricate to customer specifications
- Precision die cutting, shaping, and slitting
- Foam flocking that enhance the packaging, aesthetic, and display qualities
- Apply a pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) backing to foam that ensure a strong bond between foam layers and materials
Atlas Foam Products has the knowledge, expertise, experience, and technology to guide you to the best foam solution while meeting the needs of any project or product specification. We are one of the top providers of custom polyether packaging solutions and packing cushion foam in California.
Contact one of the foam experts at Atlas Foam Products to learn more about our products and services or to request a sample of polyether foam.
Similar Foam Materials
The firm and supportive structure of ester foams makes it very resilient and ideal for cushioning, sound absorption, and shock and vibration dampening applications.Learn More
Because of its many desirable physical properties, reticulated polyurethane foam is very popular material in a wide array of industries and applications, including filtration, fluid management, sound absorption, cleaning, packaging, and sealing.Learn More
Give us a call at 818-837-3626 or fill out the form to send a message to one of our Foam Experts. We proudly provide services to local areas including Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, Santa Clarita Valley, Simi Valley, Ventura, Oxnard, Orange County, Riverside, San Bernardino, and the Contiguous U.S.